1. Check the Library Research Portal and Jerry Falwell Library catalog to make sure the library has the resources that will be needed by your students. Access to databases is subject to change.
2. Call your department liaison to inform the staff about your assignment. Tell them when the assignment is due, how many students will be involved, and what level of assistance you would like the librarians to provide.
3. If you prefer you may send a copy of your research assignment to research [at] liberty [dot] edu
4. For residential courses, place on reserve at the Customer Service Center any specialized print materials that students will need to use.
5. For projects requiring extensive research, consider contacting your library liaison to discuss the assignment and arrange an instructional session for your class.
For the name of your academic department’s liaison go to Liaison Librarians. Liaisons are available to aid in the use of print and electronic resources and to facilitate faculty recommendations for purchase. They are the first point of contact for library related issues.
Liaison services include:
Research (Reference) Assistance
Personal reference assistance is available by phone, email or IM. Ask Us! Librarians can also help to identify books, articles, media, and/or electronic resources to imbed in course materials. For research assistance, contact your liaison librarian.
See Research Tutorials where we provide a variety of aids to help you and your students learn how to find library resources effectively.
The Research Smart Toolkit contains self-directed tutorial modules to help students choose their topic, select appropriate resources depending on the topic, find and cite books and articles, and evaluate website information and can be embedded within course content.
We also regularly offer workshops that offer specialized training in a variety of topics. These are presented live on campus, and some are streamed and/or recorded for later viewing. See the Workshops page for a current listing of upcoming and recorded presentations.