OpenAthens is a company that provides off-campus authentication for Liberty University's electronic resources by redirecting URL's through a secure network.
Liberty University switched from EZproxy authentication to OpenAthens authentication for three primary reasons:
1) OpenAthens provides greater security for accessing Liberty's electronic resources.
2) OpenAthens requires less internal support to maintain continuity of access to electronic resources.
3) OpenAthens provides greater reporting capabilities for informed decision making to optimize JFL collections.
1. Links in Canvas have been changed to OpenAthens authentication.
2. Links in Concourse have been changed to OpenAthens authentication.
3. Links provided through JFL's main search page (Summon) have been changed to OpenAthens authentication.